Brandon and I will be leaving for a ski vacation Wednesday morning. I have already cried several times just thinking about it. I hate leaving the kids and this is the first time to leave Landon overnight. :( I don't know how I will survive 4 nights without them. I know it will be fun once we get there but it's so hard to leave. We will be going with 3 other couples and they all have kiddos too so I am sure I won't be the only sad mama. It will be good to get away for a bit but will be hard too. We are going to Breckenridge, Colorado. We have been there once before and loved it. (pre-kiddos) I am still undecided if I will actually ski or not. I have a (small) ruptured disc in my back and a broken toe that isn't completely healed. I feel like it's in my best interest not to ski but what's the fun in going on a ski vacation and not actually skiing. We will see how my back holds up on the 14 hour drive over there and decide then. When I asked my neurosurgeon if I should ski, he wouldn't give me a straight yes or no. He basically told me to ski at my own risk. Hmmm. Two of the other 3 girls aren't skiing either so I will at least have company if I choose not to.
I am praying for the kiddos to be good for their grandparents and for them to stay healthy while we are away. It is cold/flu season and I would just feel terrible if one of them came down with something while we were gone. They will be at home in their own routines so hopefully that will help. Praying mommy holds up too. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment