Have you ever had the feeling you were being taken advantage of? Well, I have alot recently. It's not my husband or kiddos but other people in my life. I feel like I give and give and then they only reciprocate when it's convenient for them. I am the type of person that doesn't want to put people out. I wouldn't want to make people have to change plans or whatever on my account. I would rather be the one that suffers rather than to put someone out. I always thought I was surrounded by people that were the same way but lately I have realized that's just not the case. It seems that people only look out for themselves and if I/other people get stepped on/left out in the process then they could care less. I need to learn to not let my feelings get hurt so easily but it's just the way I am. Then to get accused of being selfish or jealous for speaking your mind is just ridiculous. I have found out that these types of people don't want to hear that they are hurting someone's feelings so they get defensive when you try to tell them how you feel or they just won't listen. It's really heartbreaking to realize that you and your kids can just be pushed aside if it's not convenient at the time. I know that some people that read this are probably going to get angry that I wrote this but I guess those are just feelings of guilt that they are experiencing. Afterall, this is the only way to get them to listen...
No comments:
Post a Comment